Saturday 2 May 2009

Saturday 2 May 2009

What a very hot day ... I'm so pleased we're walking at night and won't have a problem with the heat.

I walked for 7 miles in the end today, I didn't really work out a route I just set off and walked towards Hornchurch and back doing a detour through the park which I think added another mile on. I worked out how long I had walked using map-my-run when I got back. Actually I've just thought, I may have actually walked further because I was distracted by the shops and did look around a couple!!!!!!

My feet were okay, I've got my new socks, but this was a relatively short walk, it's usually past 14 miles that the trouble starts.

Next walk is the biggy - 20 miles and I intend to do this on Monday. Just hope my feet survive and that the weather is not too hot! I'm going the put compeed blister plasters on the weak spots, wear my new socks and maybe take a change of socks for about half way. Hope something will work!!!!

Good luck to everyone doing their 20 mile walk this weekend .....

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ooo didn't think about a change of socks. I think that's the ONE trick I haven't tried yet! Good thinking!!